<< Main Category
< Parent Category
How do I prepare my music catalog using Excel or Works?SYMPTOMS
1. Column A = ARTIST
2. Column B = SONG
3. Column C = FILTER #1 - appears as a search filter (i.e. genre). (View "Setting Up Filters" Tutorial)
4. Column D = FILTER #2 - appears as a search filter (i.e. decade).
5. Column E = DISC # - appears in the final request list as a visual song location reference (i.e. disc #).
6. Column F = TRACK # - appears in the final request list as a visual song location reference (i.e. track #).
7. Column G = LOCATION - used solely in the M3U file attachment that is sent with the final request list.
1. Make a copy of your spreadsheet file. Never work with your original.
2. Delete all columns in your spreadsheet except for ARTIST and SONG.
3. ARTIST should be the first column in your spreadsheet, SONG should be the second.
4. If your first record is the title of the columns, i.e. ARTIST and SONG, delete that row.
5. Once you have your spreadsheet in two columns, ARTIST and SONG, with no other columns, proceed.
6. Select "Save As" from the "File" menu.
7. In the "Save as Type" box, choose the "Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)" option.
8. Name the file whatever you want. Remember where you save it. You'll need to locate it to upload it.
9. If your file is in any other format than described in these steps, the import will fail.
10. Refer to the screen shot above for a reference as to how the fields should be laid out.