<< Main Category
< Parent Category
How do I prepare my music catalog using Access?SYMPTOMS
1. Make a copy of your database file. Never work with your original.
2. Delete all fields in your table except for ARTIST and SONG.
3. ARTIST should be the first field in your table, SONG should be the second.
4. Once you have your table with two fields, ARTIST and SONG, with no other fields, proceed.
5. Select "Save As/Export" from the "File" menu.
6. Select "Save to an External File or Database".
7. In the "Save As Type" box, click "Text Files." You file name must end in ".txt".
8. Name the file whatever you want. Remember where you save it. You'll need to locate it to upload it.
9. Choose "Delimited" as the file type.
10. Choose "Tab" as your Delimiter type.
11. Do not include field names as the first row and set the "Text Qualifier" as "none".
12. If your file is in any other format than described in these steps, the import will fail.