<< Main Category
< Parent Category
How can I modify the Availability Checker date box to fit my site design?SYMPTOMS
The code we provide for the Availability Checker date box is static and can no be modified. However, at your own risk, there is a way to design your own date check box that fits your unique site design. This is recommended experienced HTML programmers only. Here's what to do...
(1) Go to http://www.ACCOUNTNAME.djintelligence.com/availability/index.asp
where ACCOUNTNAME is your unique account name.
(2) Copy ALL of the HTML code between the <!-- START DATE CHECK BOX CODE --> and <!-- END DATE CHECK BOX CODE --> comments. When copying this HTML code, do not modify it and be sure to copy all lines between the above comments.
(3) Paste the copied HTML code into the desired location on your web page(s).
(4) After you've pasted the HTML code into your web page(s), save your page and test it in a web browser to make sure the date box functions correctly. If it doesn't, it means that you have not copied all of the code or you modified some of it in the process. Go back up to step 2. If the date check box does function correctly, proceed to the next step.
(5) Once you have verified that the date box functions correctly, you are now free to modify the physical appearance of the date box so that it fits your unique site design. When modifying the design, make sure you do not remove any of the drop-down fields, buttons, or form components within the HTML.
As mentioned above, this is a "use at your own risk" feature so unfortuntely we are unable to offer technical support. This is why it is advisable that you be an experienced HTML programmer. One thing to keep in mind is that when you put the date check box onto your own web page(s), you will be responsible for updating the "year" drop-down box for future years.